Friday, October 21, 2011

Love Your Body



Wednesday was Love Your Body Day. It is very difficult for people to learn to love their bodies because we are told from birth that we could be perfect "...if you just fixed that one thing..."
I didn't learn to love my body until I realized I was a feminist. I asked myself who I was trying to be perfect for and I realized that it wasn't me. From that moment, I loved everything about me. I love the curve of my hips, the shape of my face, even things that people think are strange, like my wrists (which happen to be the boniest part of my body).
My body has played a huge part in shaping who I am as a person. Every part of my body connects me to one of my relatives. I have my dad's nose and eyes, my great grandmother's torso, my mom's hair. Everyone's body connects them to their past. Every body tells a story. It's hard to remember that sometimes.

What does your body say about you?

Kari

This post is part of the 2011 Love Your Body Day Carnival

Image from PostSecret


No comments:

Post a Comment